Birthday Swim

For the last few years, it's been a bit of a tradition to swim the number of years I've been alive x100 on my birthday.   Someday that will have to stop!  I actually wasn't going to do it this year, until Donna taunted me about doing a birthday swim, and my yesterday's swim got rescheduled to today.  So I was in.

Birthday workout 2013, age 43:

warm up:  300 swim, 300 kick, 300 pull, 100 build to fast

main set:  8x250 as 200 steady, 50 fast (10 seconds rest between each)
               5x200 full gear (pull buoy, band, paddles) alt. easy & steady by 25's
              (10 seconds rest between each)

cool down: 300 easy


When I started doing birthday swims a few years ago, they were so hard!  But Noa has had me swimming 4200m every Saturday for the last few months, so this one was no biggie and I swam the whole thing really well.

Happy birthday to me!



3 comments:

  1. I prefer to think of it as encouragement rather than taunting...but 4300...you are a rocktar. Unless I'm training for IM I just can't seem to get motivated to do distances like that. Oh...that's right..... I am doing an IM...better get in the pool. Anyway...congrats on another great swim and happy birthday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was exactly the encouragement I needed! :) Now go get in the pool!

      Delete
  2. And I swam 4,300m yesterday as well in honour of your B-Day.

    ReplyDelete