Quick Weekend Update

A whirlwind weekend here on the west coast!  I went down to San Diego with a couple of colleagues; we went to High Tech High - a school doing some amazing things.  Inspired, envious, and somewhat overwhelmed describes my time there.



I picked up some cool new stuff from Betty Designs - thanks Kristin!



Four nights in a hotel room meant a couple of rides on an "exercise bike" in the hotel fitness center.

Yes, supposedly that is a bike seat.  My butt was numb
for a long time after spending time on that monstrosity.


Some gorgeous runs.

I managed to work this path into every run I did.

My friends Candace, Corinne and I are in a birding competition this year.  They are better birders than I; my advantage is that I tend to travel more.  I got to add some species they're unlikely to see.




I hope everyone else got to enjoy some sunshine and outdoors this past weekend!



5 comments:

  1. Sounds like you were down in San diego the same time as the ITU Championships. you weren't tempted to throw on the spandex and an aero helmet while you were there?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, but I wasn't sure the exercise bike would make it over the course :)

      Delete
    2. Now THAT's something I'd like to see

      Delete
  2. So jealous of that running path! We're still firmly ensconced in winter here (or at least very early spring... brrr!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great weekend (minus the excercise bike!) My husband always laughs when I ask him to put my cruiser seat on my road bike!
    The running path looks incredible. I could easily run that every day!

    ReplyDelete