I've Got The Beat

I love running with music. Music used to be a big part of my life. Not that it's not anymore, but I find that I have less time to sit around and just listen these days. Correction, I guess I don't make time for it, as I firmly believe we all make time for what we want to do the most. The "I'm too busy..." excuse for me really means "it's not my priority".

So I find some of the best time for me to really listen to music is on a run. I load up my ipod shuffle and head out the door. Not only do I love being immersed in the sounds, but it also helps me keep my mind off any nagging criticisms about my form, my speed (or really, my lack thereof), my butt jiggling... and just allows me to run freely.

Today I had a great mix that had me smiling down the road. Arcade Fire, MGMT, U2, David Bowie, and more. I also like to close my eyes in iTunes and drag some surprise songs onto the shuffle playlist. Today I was immediately transported back to being a "tween" - only of course we didn't call it that back then - when Duran Duran came on. I love how familiar songs remind me of specific places and times. After last year, Cee Lo's "F You" and MGMT's "Kids" will forever remind me of my long training runs around Quamichan Lake in preparation for Ironman Arizona.

I'd love to hear any suggestions for great songs to run to. Run on and rock on everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment