Summer Colds

I have a cold. It's a summer cold, or I guess a fall cold. A late summer cold? Early fall? I'm not exactly sure what season it is right now. According to the calendar, we're still a week away from official "autumn". According to the weather, it's late fall. Actually, that's not entirely true. Looking out the window today I see beautiful sunshine. Not that I'm heading outside or anything, because I have a cold.

I hate colds. I feel like my head is rebelling against me. Jason abandons me for the guest room because I spend the night coughing, sniffling, and blowing my nose. At least the dog doesn't seem to mind; in fact, she may even like it as she's pretty quick to claim that open spot on the bed.

In an attempt to help, Jason brought some Cold FX home yesterday. I put the package down though as soon as I saw "non-drowsy" on the label. For some reason, I am extremely sensitive to anything that affects sleep, and when I've taken non-drowsy products in the past, I haven't slept for about 36 hours. So he went out and got me some Nyquil instead. Ahhhh, dear sleep. Loves it.

I get to couch surf on a day it looks fabulous outside. I even had to turn down an invitation to go stand-up paddling. Argh. Maybe I'll venture out as far as the hot tub. That sounds like a great idea. I think I'll do that now. Bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment